12 Grooming Tips to Maximize Your Sex Appeal
I’ve been a metrosexual - a man who grooms himself beyond the traditional male standards of soap and water - ever since I learned that many people regard Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as one. And if The Rock is the ultimate in manliness then imitating him cannot be wrong. From top to bottom, here are a dozen things that you can do to make yourself look more attractive than you really are:
1) Haircut - Although I know some guys who are obsessed with their weekly buzz cut or tape up, for maximum attractiveness, you get a haircut every 3-4 weeks. If you have an electric trimmer, you should be able to maintain the sides of your head for about a month. In determining whether you need a haircut or not, follow these two simple rules:
· The military standard – Your hair must never touch your ears.
· The haircut comment – If someone tells you that you need a haircut, you’re past due.
2) Shampoo and Conditioner – Women do research to see what shampoo is best and men use whatever shampoo is in the shower – even if it’s from little bottle that they picked up from a hotel three years ago. Use whatever works for you, just make sure your hair is clean and not dead.
3) Hair Style – I’ve always kept my hair short around the sides (Clipper Attachment #2) and long on top in an attempt to look dapper. I’m not going to tell you what to do with your hair. Look through GQ, Maxim or Men’s Health magazines, pick a male model’s hairdo, show it to a barber, and ask him if the hairstyle is a good fit for you. The most important part of your hairstyle, of any style really, is the “3C Rule”: Every part of your look should make you feel Clean, Comfortable and Confident.
4) Hair Gel - I use gel my whenever I go out. I don’t do hats. Sometimes, when I make a quick run in the morning, I wet my hair to reactivate the previous day’s gel and comb it into place. Unless you’re bald or have really short hair, you should make a habit out of styling your hair. Remember: Your mane is one of your main attractions. Don’t look unkempt.
4B. Hair Loss - If you’re going bald, you have two choices: Shave your head or try Rogaine. I’m using the latter right now. All Rogaine does is slow the balding process so that you can salvage more years of healthy-looking hair. You just have to commit to applying Rogaine every day for as long as you want to keep your hair. If you’re already facing baldness from your crown up, just cut your hair really short or shave it all-off. Studies show that women prefer bald men to men who do the desperate comb-over. If you’re going bald, cheer yourself up by remembering this bumper sticker: God Made Some Heads Perfect. He Put Hair on the Rest of Them.
5) Wash Your Face - Dirt, oil and pollution get into your pores when you go outside. Wash with an acne moisturizer if you have acne prone oily skin. Use the moisturizer if your face is dry. Ask your dermatologist which soap is best for your face. Better yet, walk into the pharmacy with the prettiest cosmetician and ask her for help in choosing a face wash. Moisturize your face accordingly. Walk in the next week and thank her for her opinion. Constantly go to her for advice. She might think of you as a future husband who will do whatever she says – which is what all women want.
6) Sun Protection - Use sunscreen on your face to prolong inevitable wrinkles and, more importantly, reduce the risk of skin cancer. I recommend Kiehl’s Facial Fuel Moisturizer with SPF 15 which has menthol and gives you a tingly feeling whenever you use it. This will make you feel as if your face is coming alive every time you use it.
7) Exfoliation - Exfoliate using St. Ive’s Apricot Face Scrub twice a week or as needed. This particular brand is perennially awarded as the best affordable face scrub by Allure magazine. A girl recommended it to me and I now use it every 2-3 days to rid my face of dead skin cells.
8) Deep Cleansing Facial – Endure this about once a year. Women say childbirth is the most painful thing they will ever experience. For you, a deep cleansing facial might be just that. If you’ve never had the pleasure of a deep cleansing facial, this is what it’s like: You lie down while a woman goes over every pore of your face with what feels like an X-Acto knife. When she sees a clogged pore (I had about sixty the last time I got a facial), she removes the blackhead with her little tool. I took my facial like a man although I shed tears like Denzel Washington did while being whipped in the movie Glory. The procedure is painful and your face will be sore for a day or two, but afterwards, you will look at your real face and stare in disbelief at how clean and clear it could actually look.
8B. If You Have Acne Problems: See a dermatologist. I have battled acne from age 13-23 and I have used all the prescribed medication from Retin-A to Tazorac, Tetracycline and finally, two rounds of Accutane – a drug so strong that it arguably causes suicidal thoughts and it requires biweekly blood tests. It took ten years, but my pimples finally went away.
9) Eyebrows – For most of my life, I never touched my eyebrows. My brother started having his eyebrows threaded in Junior High School but I never wanted to commit to the practice. One day, I noticed a pretty Middle Eastern woman at the threading salon near work, so I got my eyebrows threaded just so I could feel her delicate hands on me. It hurt, but I did end up looking better after my eyebrows were cleaned up. I returned to the salon every month until she moved on to greener pastures. I, on the other hand, was hooked on the clean eyebrow look, and I still go to the salon every three months or so to keep my eyebrows “on fleek.”
10) Body - Let’s keep this simple: Soap and water. If want to look extra sexy, use lotion or baby oil on exposed arms and legs to make them glow.
11) Nails – I cut my own fingernails and toenails. You should too, as soon as they begin to look long or dirty. Your fingernails are more important than your toenails since people see them more. In the words of Eddie Murphy from Coming to America, “just make it nice and neat.”
12) Deforestation – If you get lucky enough to get a girl to willingly see your privates, you shouldn’t have to worry too much about what your pubic hair looks like. But if you want her to see it again, you should keep it neat and clean. If it looks like an elephant in dire need of a haircut, shave it – but do that about a week before you have sex. Studies show that women aren’t too crazy about hairy bases, ball sacks, gouches and assholes, but they’re not too crazy about pre-pubescent looking penises either. If you shave your privates about a week before you “get some,” you’ll have a nice fade down there for the special occasion.
You should do the best you can to look as best as you could. When it comes down to it, building an attractive body can be summed up in three letters – GED because it’s as simple as getting your GED:
While you are cleaning up your body, you should also focus on building up your mind. As you should have learned throughout reading this book, being attractive is about much more than looks. You need to be intellectually stimulating and make women think when you speak so that you stand out from the crowd. Remember, beautiful girls have their pick of any man they want to be with. A surefire way to be rejected like everyone else is to be like everyone else. Remember Apple’s motto: “Think Different.” You may succeed in building an attractive body, but to further entice women, you are also going to need an attractive mind.
 I hope you’re beginning to notice that I often ask girls for advice. This is a great starting point for a conversation that can eventually lead to your growing a pair of balls and asking her out. If she says “no,” thank her for her advice and politely move on. If she says “yes,” you picked up free advice and a date.
 Getting your eyebrows done may be girly, but it can also make you look cleaner and more attractive for girls. Try it. If you have regrets, your fuzzy eyebrows and unibrow will grow back after a few months, but after seeing how you look after your first threading session, you might want to maintain the cleaner look.
 A woman once told me she heard that guys should shave their privates twice a year to which I replied, “July 4th and Christmas!” The lesson: If know how to interact with women by asking questions and engaging them in conversation, they will get comfortable enough with you to talk about things like pubic hair.